During my teaching career, I have always been a faculty member at small, Episcopal schools. When we moved to San Antonio, I interviewed with schools that fit that description. My interview at St. George left a lasting impression, so I was thrilled when I was offered a position here! I... Read more
Sacred Studies Teacher: Lower School
Appointed in 2006
I first experienced St. George as a parent of a sixth grader and then as substitute teacher. From the moment I arrived on the St. George campus I knew it was a special place. There is no other place I would rather be! We are more than a school, we are a family.
God has blessed me with a wonderful family. My husband, Gary, and I have been married 30 years. We are both Texas Longhorns. Our daughter, Katherine, a St. George graduate, is currently a senior at the University of Texas, Austin and is a fourth generation Longhorn.
My main goal as a teacher at St. George is to share an understanding of God's love for His people with each of my students. I enjoy sharing the rich traditions and history of the Church and how these can apply to our lives today.
- Bachelor of Science in Home Economics University of Texas, Austin, 1978
- Teacher St. George Episcopal School, San Antonio, Texas, 2006-present
- Sacred Studies Teacher, Lower School St. George Episcopal School, 2006-present
- Substitute Teacher St. George Episcopal School, 2004-2006
- Substitute Teacher Castle Hills First Baptist Church, 1999-2001
Certifications, Awards, Associations
The training I received in Bible Study Fellowship has been instrumental in helping me in my teaching. I was a children's leader for four years and a ladies group discussion leader for another four years.